Friday, March 13, 2015

2016 Abe Lincoln Reader's Choice Nominees - My Summer To-Read List

2016 Abe Lincoln Reader's Choice Nominees - My Summer To-Read List

Yesterday I shared my favorite books that I have already read from the 2016 nominee list.  Today I am excited to share the books that I am intrigued with and have added to my summer to-read list.

#1  I Am the Weapon by Allen Zadoff (previously published as Boy Nobody)
A high school boy is an assassin for his father; Then he falls for the daughter of his next mark.  The reviews say it is fast-paced, a page-turner, gripping, a thriller.  If it doesn't freak me out, I will be reading this one.



#2  I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
According to Goodreads, this book is "a brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell."  Sounds good to me! 



#3  Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
This is "a heartfelt and heartbreaking story about how we can all feel lost until we find someone who loves us because of our faults, not in spite of them." (Goodreads.com) Both my teammates read this and told me I had to read it.



#4  One Shot at Forever by Chris Ballard
This is more than just a true story about a small town baseball team from Macomb, IL that made the state finals. Ballard revisits these players years later and finds out the true impact that this team had one their lives. As a coach I have seen how my athletes involvement in high school sports has shaped their lives as they grow up.  Though I am not a huge baseball fanatic, I want to read this with my sons.

 


#5  Butter by Erin Jade Lange
A lonely obese boy decides that he is going to eat himself to death, live on the Internet, for everyone to watch. This one hits on real life issues that teen's face in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment