Thursday, March 12, 2015

2016 Abraham Lincoln Reader's Choice Award Nominees

2016 Abraham Lincoln Reader's Choice Award Nominees

Every year at the beginning of March, I anxiously await the new list of "Abes." These books always top my to-read list for the summer.

For those of you outside Illinois, the Abe Lincoln Reader's Choice Award is given to an adult or young adult fiction/nonfiction book on the nominee list that has received the most student votes.  To make the master list, titles are nominated by teachers or librarians and evaluated by the nominations committee. A group of high school librarians, teachers, public librarians and students chooses the final master list of twenty titles. From September through February, registered schools promote these books and students who have read four or more titles are eligible to vote. (islma.org) At my high school, we use these on our summer reading recommendation list.

Here are some of my favorites that I have already read from the 2016 list:


Boy 21 by Matthew Quick:



The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson:


(Warning for teachers... I am so sad that there is explicit language on this trailer.)

Positive by Paige Rawl:



This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales



And my favorite book on the list:  We Were Liars by E. Lockhart



Tomorrow I can't wait to share which books I am looking forward to reading :).

No comments:

Post a Comment